Looky, Looky!!! I received a Liebster award for my blog! A huge thank you to BJ Sheldon for the nomination! "You love me, you really love me!" Okay all drama aside, it was unexpected and completely flattering to be nominated by my fellow blogger and writer. BJ Sheldon recently accepted a publishing deal with Wandering in the Words Press, I just wanted to congratulate her and thank her for always being so lovely and supportive.
Here are the inner workings of the award:
- I will answer the 11 questions asked of me by the person who nominated me.
- I will then nominate my 11 picks for the award along with my 11 questions for them to answer when they post a response.
- If you’re nominated, your name/link will appear at the bottom of this post along with your questions. Follow the same format; paste the award badge to your blog, give us 11 random facts about yourself, answer my 11 questions, and choose your nominees…but you cannot nominate the blog who nominated you.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I am a Pisces and believe I fit the profile through and through.
2. My boyfriend and I have the same birthday. Yes, we are entirely too much alike sometimes.
3. I have been a hairstylist for almost 13 years.
4. I am the almost step-mom of two girls, who I love dearly.
5. I have always loved writing but did not take the leap to actually become a writer until about a year ago.
6. I have crazy, vibrant, intense dreams almost nightly.
7. I am all creativity and common sense. I am not structured or analytical at all, which even
drives me crazy at times.
8. When I was young I used highlighters to color my barbies hair then blew them up with bottle rockets.
9. I am highly loyal and love my family more than anything.
10. I am an insatiable traveler, I have been to 14 countries, which is not nearly enough in my mind.
11. I love wine. That is all.
BJ Sheldon's Questions For Me:
-Dogs or cats? Definitely dogs. Sorry Twitter friends, I just love dogs:) Besides I'm allergic to cats.
-Who is your favorite author? This is a hard one, I do not really have one favorite. I love every author and so many different genres of books. Most recently I have enjoyed S.C. Stephens. Her Thoughtless and Effortless books are simple but they evoke true feeling.
-What is your favorite classic novel and why? I love "Farewell to Arms" or really any Ernest Hemingway novel. I love the complexity of his books and how descriptive they can be.
-If there was one person, either dead or alive, you could spend the day with, who would it be and why? Totally Ernest Hemingway... I think we would just get waisted together and hopefully write something beautiful. He was a brilliant, grumpy, drunk and I love that about him.
-Book or eReader? I have to say I'm a HUGE eReader fan! I think it is so much more convenient and it saves trees (there's the hippie in me).
-If they turned your life into a big screen movie, who would play you? I'm not sure but everyone else says a younger Marisa Tomei. Though I hope I would be a strong female in my role.
-What was it that drew you to become a writer? I needed somewhere to spill creativity and explore the tornado that constantly whirs around in my head. I love to create and for a long time that was hair. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy my job, but at this point that's what it is, a job. Writing is my love, my way to create something that doesn't exist or to make sense of something that does.
-What is your idea of the perfect day? Well... I'm not going to say "long walks on the beach", but, I think a day filled with a good book, wine, yummy food and sex would probably take the cake for me.
-What is the name of the person who inspired you the most growing up? How did they inspire you? My mother inspired me the most growing up. She was a single mom for a while and never let us feel like we were missing out on anything. She has always been strong, supportive and loving. I don't think I would have the courage to write or follow any dream without her.
-Who is your hero and why? My grandmother. She was one bad ass bitch! She said what she thought, and always did what she said. She never took no for an answer and always believed in herself. She was not the dainty, proper grandma that your picturing. No, she was beautiful, fashion forward, smart as hell, and would tell you to "Shut the Fuck Up" if you were annoying her. She was a voracious reader and the person that really showed me the beauty in books and in writing. She wrote beautifully, with all of her heart. She is my hero!
-Where do you hope to be as a writer in ten years? In ten years... hmm... As I am not much of a planner I tend to take things a day at a time. But, I do hope to have published a few books that I can truly love and be proud of. Oh, and I hope you all will love them too:)
Here are my nominations. Click on their links below and it will take you to their websites.
Corey Seeley http://www.coreyseeley.blogspot.com
Bobby Salomons http://www.severedlimbmovement.wordpress.com
Christopher Liccardi http://thedarkerhalf.com
Caroline Rainbow http://carolinerainbow.blogspot.com
Kasten Hidalgo http://girlnamedlime.blog.com
Franza Haindl http://www.franzad.wordpress.com
Andrew Hovenden http://ahovenden.com
Amy Gregory http://amygregory548.blogspot.com
Elena Jacob http://ravenhartassociates.com
Colleen Albert http://cmalbert.blogspot.com
Jaime Guerard http://jaimeguerard.wordpress.com
Okay my lovely nominees.. here are your 11 questions:
1. What is your favorite thing to rant about?
2. What is your favorite aspect of writing?
3. What makes you feel the best that you have ever felt?
4. How structured are you with your writing?
5. What has been the best book you have read in the last year?
6. What is your favorite genre of books to write? To read?
7. What or who inspires you to write?
8. How do you picture your writing career developing?
9. Who is your favorite classic author? Why?
10. Do you enjoy writing true to life events or creating your own world?
11. What is your favorite short story you have ever written?
Congratulations to you all!! Enjoy! XOXO